... that's what it took me to finish this quilt:
I started it in March 2003 and made a lot of wrong decisions with it. The fabric with the roses on it is wonderful, but such a bad choice for the pattern in the middle and the ribbon - borders. I bought it in the south of France in 2002 and found the matching border fabrics online 2 years later. For the quilting I made a template of a rose bud and handquilted all the quilt, except the last two borders. I think the last 3-4 hours of quilting took me 2 years ;-) I call it 'La vie en rose' and am sooo happy it is done ! I'm not quite sure if I'll keep it or donate it .