Montag, 13. Februar 2012

Nearly nine years

... that's what it took me to finish this quilt:

I started it in March 2003 and made a lot of wrong decisions with it. The fabric with the roses on it is wonderful, but such a bad choice for the pattern in the middle and the ribbon - borders. I bought it in the south of France in 2002 and found the matching border fabrics online 2 years later. For the quilting I made a template of a rose bud and handquilted all the quilt, except the last two borders. I think the last 3-4 hours of quilting took me 2 years ;-) I call it 'La vie en rose' and am sooo happy it is done ! I'm not quite sure if I'll keep it or donate it .

Heidi

Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012

This week and last week

So I unpicked the quilting ( Mr. Seamripper and me are now quite close friends ;-)  ) and removed the pins and now the layers lay there waiting for further action....

But I made progress on the Liberated Round Robin top

started a new project here
and am thrilled that my wedding quilt makes an appearence here

Heidi