Freitag, 16. Mai 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival, Spring 2014

It's that time of the year again - ; thanks Amy for creating the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

In April I finished this small wallhanging, I call it 'Rose garden '... its working title was bamboo garden ( created by Rachael ) but referring to the roses in the border, I changed its name.

I had so much fun piecing the small bits and strings together and even more fun quilting it. Frankly, I hadn't any plan when I started, but the quilt asked for these drops on a string or lanterns .....
The top is finished for quite a while, you can find posts about the process here and here
 .

I found fabric in my stash which colors match the front...ok, not enough for the whole backing, but that's ok.I finally found the time to finish it this spring and I'm happy how it turned out.

And I found a matching piece for the hanging sleeve.... I like that !

I'm entering it in the Small Quilt Category

Quilt statistics:
Name: “Rose garden”
Finished size: 25 x 26″
Machine pieced and quilted

Finished: April 2014
 
  Thank you for visiting and be sure to see as many of the other quilts as possible :-)
That's what I'll try too

Heidi


AmysCreativeSide.com

Dienstag, 6. Mai 2014

Winner

Die 5 Fat Quarter gehen an Nr. 6 der Kommentare 

und das ist Katrin


Glückwunsch :-)

Schick mir bitte Deine Adresse.


Heidi

Montag, 5. Mai 2014

What I did last week besides turning 55

Over the last 2 years I've stitched scraps to diamonds. I've made foundations out of telephone book paper and tried to minimize my scraps. Which didn't happen ... the minimizing ...
The plan was to make a big star like I've seen on quite a few blogs like Victoria's or Tonya's. Finally I realised that I should have cut 45° diamonds , I've cut 60° diamonds and this will give me odd shapes when adding the background fabric.
Here are a few...

Über die letzten beiden Jahre habe ich immer mal wieder meine Restchen zu Rauten verarbeitet. Ich habe aus Papier von Telefonbüchern Rauten ausgeschnitten und versucht, mit der Aktion meine Scraps zu verringern.
Das mit dem Verringern hat nicht geklappt....
Ich hatte den Plan, einen großen Stern zu machen, wie ich ihn schon auf vielen Blogs gesehen hatte, z.B. bei Victoria oder bei Tonya. Aber dann habe ich gemerkt, dass ich 45 ° Rauten hätte schneiden sollen und keine 60° Rauten. Mit den 60° Rauten habe ich nachher 'ungerade' Winkel, bzw. eben keine 90° Winkel.
Hier sind ein paar Rauten:


What I don't like about them besides the angle is that I pieced the stripes a bit crooked on to the foundation.
They are not really crooked, just a bit and I just don't like that. 
So I decided to play with a few of them :

Ich mag auch nicht, dass ich die Streifen etwas krumm auf das Papier genäht habe. Es ist nicht so richtig 'schräg' nur ein bißchen und das gefällt mir nicht so.
Also habe ich mal angefangen mit ein paar herumzuspielen:


This is how far I've come. The star is sewn together, now comes the difficult part... adding the background..
The funny thing is that I admired all those Tula Pink fabrics I've seen popping up all around the net . I thought, I should get me some Tula Pink fabrics too. I only discovered now, that the wonderful background fabric that lives in my stash now for 4 or more years is from Tula Pink :-)

 
Soweit bin ich jetzt gekommen. Der Stern ist zusammengenäht, jetzt kommt der schwierige Teil... an das Ganze den  Hintergrund Stoffe anzunähen. Was lustig ist, schon eine ganze Weile habe ich immer die Tula Pink Stoffe bewundert, die überall im Netz auftauchen und dachte, dass ich mir auch mal ein zwei Stoffe zulegen sollte. Erst jetzt habe ich bemerkt, dass der wunderschöne Hintergrund Stoff, den ich bestimmt schon 4 oder mehr Jahre habe, von Tula Pink ist :-)


I'm linking up with Monday Maker..
Ich verlinke mit  den Montags Machern..

Heidi